Sunday, October 24, 2010

Summary/Response & image analysis

Typing the content was not hard for me to begin. It was actually quite easy. It was easy because the blogging helped me gain an idea of what i wanted to write about in my papers. Personally, I think the summary response paper was the hardest. The image analysis paper was much easier because we had to mediums to compare. Also, it was much easier to look at the film and the novel to find similarities and differences. Once these were found, it was easy to put my ideas down on paper and determine where I wanted to go with the information at hand. The hardest part for me was, finding what differences between the film and novel I wanted to compare. Once I found the differences I wanted to use, it was very easy to come up with the required paper length. My main strength for writing is my ability to get my point across. I am able to explain what I want the reader to know about the subject I am writing about. One major weakness I have is, using filler words like, that, and which. I use these words more often than I should. When I edit my paper, I try to eliminate as many of these as possible. I think peer review is more helpful with understanding ideas than actually editing the paper. It is very helpful with helping me understand how I can better express my ideas through writing. I have notice a small change in my writing. Now, I tend to use larger words that make me seem like a college level writer.  In the next paper, I am going to incorporate all I have learned about thesis statements and introductions that have not really used in my past papers.

No comments:

Post a Comment