Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Climax?

The climax was not what I had originally expected. I previously thought that the climax would consist of a war between the remaining humans and the Andys. The actual climax did not disappoint me, but based on the twists and turns of the book, it was not what I expected. Overall, I really enjoy the book thus far. Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? started off as a slow read, but picked up quickly once pieces started to fall together. The book tended to build on previous concepts and really make you think about a possible Apocalypse.  For a majority of the reading, I wondered why animals were so important to human life. Once Rick tested Rachael Rosen using empathy questions that involved animals, I began to understand why they were so important to the story. Humans really love animals and feel empathy for the ones who are harmed or die. The Androids however, do not feel empathy towards the animals. Once it became more clear why the story was so fixed around animals, I began to understand the author's thinking behind using animals as a sort of indirect focus point.

No comments:

Post a Comment